On December 12th on the road, the Hawks lost to the Purple Eagles, 75-59.
A fact for this matchup: Last year, Hartford lost 79-76.
Niagara created separation in free throw shooting, where there was a big gap, and also three-point shooting. Consistent foul shooting resulted in 14 points for the Purple Eagles compared to only six points for the Hawks. Niagara shot a game-critical 50% in threes as Hartford managed 29%.
Mark Nwakamma did his best to keep the Hawks in it with 14 points in 30 minutes. The Hawks fall to 5-5.
Coming up is Rice on the road on December 15th.
- The Hawks have lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 41.1% or worse.
- In 100% of losses this season, Hartford has recorded 1 or fewer blocks.
- The Hawks set a season high for turnovers.
- Mark Nwakamma has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 5 times in 10 games this season.
- Mark Nwakamma had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Ameen Tanksley recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- Ameen Tanksley recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ameen Tanksley has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 10 games this season.
- Ameen Tanksley set career highs with 12 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Antoine Mason has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Mark Nwakamma